Saturday, February 5, 2011

PSALM 77 PLACES OUR FOCUS ON GOD





Psalm 77 Places our focus on God

During great distress Asaph cried out to God for courage.
The root of his distress was doubt.

1You kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak.

Asaph was always thinking about himself; me, me, me.
When Asaph turned his focus away from himself and focused on God
in his worship; he began to see God performing his miracles.
That was only after Asaph put his doubts aside about all the wonders
that God can do for him.

13Your ways, O God are holy, What god is so great as our God?
14You are the God who performs miracles; and display your power
among the peoples.   Hmm? Did he ever eliminate his distress?

20You lead your people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.
Spiritual renewal begins,  distress ends when we tell God how great
he is and has been to you.  Faith is strengthened and our spirit burns
brightly when we walk with our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment